Learn how to install skins for Sims 1 with this tutorial.
- Step One: Save the File to Your Desktop
Click on the download link or button and save the file to your hard drive.
- Step Two: Extract File if in Archive Format
Most custom content will come in archive format (.rar, .zip). If the file you downloaded is archived, extract it. (In Windows, you do this by right clicking and choosing “Extract Here” or “Extract to \”.
- Step Three: Locate .BMP File
If you extract a file, it may have multiple files inside. The only one you should care about is the .BMP file.
- Step Three: Navigate to the Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\GameData Folder
Browse to The Sims folder on your system, then the Game Data folder.
- Step Four: Place .BMP File Inside “Skins” Folder
Inside Game Data, you will see a folder labeled “Skins.” Place the .BMP file inside.
Voila! That’s it! The next time you open your game, go into Create a Sim, and you should see the newly installed skins there.