Learn how to install objects for Sims 1 with this tutorial.
- Step One: Save the File to Your Desktop
Click on the download link or button and save the file to your hard drive.
- Step Two: Extract File if in Archive Format
Most custom content will come in archive format (.rar, .zip). If the file you downloaded is archived, extract it. (In Windows, you do this by right clicking and choosing “Extract Here” or “Extract to \”.
- Step Three: Locate .IFF File
If you extract a file, it may have multiple files inside. The only one you should care about is the .IFF file.
- Step Three: Navigate to the Program Files\Maxis\The Sims
Browse to The Sims folder on your system.
- Step Four: Place .IFF Inside of “Downloads” Folder
Inside The Sims directory, there is a folder marked “Downloads.” Place the .IFF file in there.
Voila! That’s it! The next time you open your game, go into the Build or Buy Mode catalog and you should see the object you just downloaded there.